31 March 2009

time keeps on slippin'

i've also been working on a quilt rack for her, which you can't see, just in case she actually comes here to check on my work...it'll be done soon, above is part of it, my first ever lapped dovetail joint...crude, but sturdy, i assure you.
i've started another imbuia wood platter that will rival kaylen's original, though i think her's will always be my favorite. imbuia wood smells like cinnamon, sort of, musty. i would wear imbuia wood oil if i could find it...a google search will ensue shortly.
two more bubinga platters are on their way. i love bubinga, and these two are from the same piece of stock, they'd be perfect for a fancy cheese and wine party...which my grubby ass would never be invited to.
i'm no good at html or laying out this silly blog in general...so i just hope anyone viewing this can follow along...thanks for viewing my little corner of the wood..errr, world.
y
ing

No comments: